Craven Events News
Painting and Crafts in Craven in the Yorkshire Dales
Monday 27 June 2011
Painting and Crafts in Craven
Craven has a lot of great little independent shops, selling haberdashery, wool, textiles and creative supplies. Many provide workshops too. Pick up the Creative Directory from a Tourist Information Centre or download it from this website.
For inspiration go to the changing exhibitions throughout the year at the following venues – but check their websites for opening hours:
- Craven Museum & Gallery, Skipton Town Hall BD23 1AH www.cravenmuseum.org
- Gavagan Art Gallery, Settle BD24 9DW www.gavaganart.com
- The Folly, Settle BD24 9EY www.ncbt.org.uk/folly
- Lime Gallery, The Courtyard A65 south of Settle BD24 9JY www.thelimegallery.com
- Gallery on the Green, set in a phone box in Settle BD24 9HG www.galleryonthegreen.org.uk
- Stonegate Gallery Low Bentham LA2 7BX www.stonegategallery.co.uk
North Yorkshire Open Studios in June, when artists open their studios and you
can meet the artists, look at how they work, buy direct, and enjoy the scenery
Grassington Festival in June, which always includes a visual arts element as well as great
Art in the Pen held in August in Skipton’s cattle market where artists transform cattle
pens into mini contemporary art galleries www.artinthepen.org.uk
Yarndale held in September – a joy and delight for anyone interested in textiles http://yarndale.co.uk/
If you’re looking for an art or craft group to join, do get in touch with Craven District Council Council’s Arts Development Officer who will endeavour to help you firstname.lastname@example.org 01756 706408.
Art Connections is a Chrysalis Arts project providing a range of services for visual artists in York, North Yorkshire and beyond.